WORKSHOP | ONLINE | Work.Life.Balance for female Doctoral Candidates & PostDocs
Doctoral candidates may be dealing with a large workload, financial or family pressures, and questions about job security and location. They may face questions such as: How do I cope with my workload? What are my priorities? How do I reconcile the demands of personal and professional life? How can I better manage my workload for long-term success?
In this workshop participants will consider their various personal and professional roles and how to balance these demands. Through self-reflection, individual exercises, and group exchange, the workshop will guide participants through an assessment of their personal values and priorities, and help them build a plan to integrate their personal and professional goals and responsibilities. Participants will look back on their academic journey so far, reflect on their current situation, and identify their goals for the future. They will have the opportunity to review their progress, celebrate what they have achieved, and begin to identify possible next steps.
The second half of the workshop will introduce strategies of resilience to help participants adapt to the stress of managing a successful career in research and handling the demands of multiple roles with changing responsibilities. Space will be provided for them to stop and take stock of their situation. We will consider the questions that may arise over the course of a career in research. The emphasis will be placed on the practical applications of resilience, and empowering researchers to adapt these tools into their day-to-day lives.
- Self-assessment of working style
- Values as individual compass for future planning
- Coherence of career and private/family roles
- Next steps towards your personal goals
- Resilience and stress management
- Coping with personal and professional transition
- The workshop is aimed towards all female Doctoral Candidates and PostDocs of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
- The workshop will be taught in English.
- The workshop is limited to 12 participants.
Registration Deadline: 25.08.2021
Instructor: Síofra McSherry
Date & Time: 07. & 09.09.2021 | 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Course language: English
Module: This workshop can be credited in the BRS Qualification Programme Module "Academic Soft Skills".
The course is organised by the Equal Opportunity Office and the Bauhaus Research School.
Conditions of participation
This workshop is primarily aimed towards female doctoral candidates and PostDocs of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Participation is free of charge.
Depending on capacity, other members and affiliates of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, as well as external interested parties, can also participate in the qualification courses. If you are interested, please contact the Bauhaus Research School directly in advance by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bauhaus Research School Online Workshops
- Zeit- und Selbstmanagement
- 1. Termin:
- Dienstag, 07. September 2021, 09:30 Uhr - 13:30 Uhr
- 2. Termin:
- Donnerstag, 09. September 2021, 09:30 Uhr - 13:30 Uhr
- Freitag, 26. Februar 2021, 07:00 Uhr
- Mittwoch, 25. August 2021, 23:59 Uhr
- Donnerstag, 19. August 2021, 23:59 Uhr
- Maximalanzahl Teilnehmer/innen: