BRS ONLINE WORKSHOP | Working in Germany‘s Industry – Salaries, Working Conditions & Culture
You are planning to stay and work in Germany? Find out how to define an adequate salary and negotiate it in the job interview. Be aware of work conditions and legal requirements. Learn how to interact with Germans.
In this seminar will discuss typical starting salaries and practice a calculation method you can use for your future salary requests. Furthermore, you receive tips for the salary negotiation phase, typical mistakes and alternative options to substitute a lower payment. The following day will inform about other general conditions and legal guidelines when in work, for example the number of holidays you are entitled to and your “Probezeit”. Subsequently, you will get to find out everything about work permits and their conditions. In the afternoon you are introduced to German culture aspects in the work life, what will be expected from you, as well as the typical behaviour of your German colleagues. We will reflect different perspectives and analyse experienced conflicts.
- Starting salaries (typical salaries & influencing factors)
- Salary negotiation strategies
- Work conditions & permits (legal regulations for employments)
- Working culture (cultural standards in Germany)
Registration Deadline: 19 November 2020
Instructor: Heidi Störr
Date & Time:
Day 1: 03.12.2020 | 09.30 AM – 11.45 AM
Day 2: 04.12.2020 | 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM + 1:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Course language: English
Module: This workshop can be credited in the BRS Qualification Programme Module "Career Development"
Bauhaus Research School, Marienstr. 14. Room 201
- Bewerbung, Karriereplanung
- 1. Termin:
- Donnerstag, 03. Dezember 2020, 09:30 Uhr - 11:45 Uhr
- 2. Termin:
- Freitag, 04. Dezember 2020, 09:30 Uhr - 15:30 Uhr
- Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2020, 00:00 Uhr
- Donnerstag, 19. November 2020, 23:59 Uhr
- Donnerstag, 26. November 2020, 23:59 Uhr
- Maximalanzahl Teilnehmer/innen:
Ihre Anmeldung ist verbindlich.