BRS WORKSHOP | ONLINE | Good Scientific Practice
PLEASE NOTE: The format of this course is subject to change depending on the development of the pandemic situation.
IMPORTANT: Dates and times for this course have been modified.
The participants will get an overview of the rules of good scientific practice and the handling with cases of scientific misconduct and will explore the differences and grey areas of questionable research practice.
They will learn about local, national and international regulations and guidelines. It is a goal of the course to create space for reflections about values and attitudes of science and the role of scientists. The participants will learn to develop appropriate solutions for difficult situations in the process of science.
The content of the course follows the curriculum “Good scientific practice” which was commissioned by and developed in cooperation with the German Research Ombudsman:
- Definitions of good scientific practice and scientific misconduct
- Degrees and extent of scientific misconduct
- Examples for responsible and irresponsible conduct of research
- Data management
- Authorship and the process of publication
- Mentoring and supervision
- Conflict management: how to deal with scientific misconduct
- Reactions to scientific misconduct
- Local, national and international guidelines and regulations
Registration Deadline: 31.03.2021
Instructor: Helga Nolte
Date & Time:
14.04.2021 | 09:30 AM – 1:30 PM
15.04.2021 | 09:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Course language: English
Module: This workshop can be credited in the BRS Qualification Programme Module "Academic Practice"
Conditions of participation
This workshop is primarily aimed towards doctoral candidates of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Participation in this workshop is subject to a participation fee. For doctoral candidates of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, this is a fee of 15,00 €. Please note the applicable conditions of participation according to the Terms of Usage for Qualification Courses at the Bauhaus Research School. We will inform you about the payment modalities by e-mail after you have registered for the course here in the portal.
Depending on capacity, other members and affiliates of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, as well as external interested parties, can also participate in the qualification courses. Participation is also subject to a participation fee. If you are interested, please contact the Bauhaus Research School directly in advance by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE | BigBlueButton
- wissenschaftliche Praxis
- 1. Termin:
- Mittwoch, 14. April 2021, 09:30 Uhr - 13:30 Uhr
- 2. Termin:
- Donnerstag, 15. April 2021, 09:30 Uhr - 13:30 Uhr
- Montag, 03. Februar 2020, 00:00 Uhr
- Mittwoch, 17. März 2021, 23:59 Uhr
- Mittwoch, 31. März 2021, 23:59 Uhr
- Maximalanzahl Teilnehmer/innen:
- 15,00 €