BRS WORKSHOP | Project Management for Early Stage Researchers
BRS In-house Workshop
Instructor: Peter Wagner
Successful researchers need not only compelling data and ideas but also skills to communicate their research most effectively through writing in English. Yet, many academics are unsure about how they can best express themselves, what criteria a well-written English paper needs to fulfil, and how the writing and publication process can be managed most productively. We will, on the one hand, discuss important strategies for developing powerful English sentences, paragraphs, and texts that meet the expectations of readers, reviewers, and editors alike. On the other hand, we are going to analyze your own work in progress in order to practice how to effectively organize your writing and how to successfully prepare your papers for publication.
This first part of the workshop focuses on the writing process, i.e. on techniques for professionally organizing your writing and for producing papers that both apply the conventions of the academic community and reach a maximum degree of effectiveness. In particular, this course will cover the following topics:
This seminar/workshop is focusing on planning tools for project management. All participants apply their experiences and knowledge to real case studies. The following elements of project management will be discussed more in detail:
- Contract clarification
- Goal definition (expected results, process goals)
- Stakeholder analysis
- Phase model -> Works breakdown structure (WBS) -> Flow Chart
- Milestone plan
- Basics of risk management
- This seminar/workshop will be finalized with presentations of the outcome of project management case studies.
- The workshop is aimed towards all doctoral candidates of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
- The workshop will be taught in English.
- The workshop is limited to 12 participants.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE | 22.11.2019
DATE & TIME| 6.-7.12.2019 | 10 AM – 6 PM
LOCATION| Marienstraße 14, Room 201
See the BRS course page for our complete workshop calendar!
Marienstraße 14, Raum/Room 201
- Zeit- und Selbstmanagement
- 1. Termin:
- Freitag, 06. Dezember 2019, 10:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- 2. Termin:
- Samstag, 07. Dezember 2019, 10:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- Montag, 01. Juli 2019, 12:00 Uhr
- Freitag, 22. November 2019, 23:45 Uhr
- Freitag, 15. November 2019, 23:45 Uhr
- Maximalanzahl Teilnehmer/innen: