BRS WORKSHOP | Working in Germany‘s Industry – Salaries, Working Conditions & Culture
BRS In-house Workshop / STIBET
Instructor: Heidi Störr
Many questions arise when you start looking for a job in a company for the first time. This seminar gives an overview of the most important topics related to employment in Germany.
The focus will lie on working conditions, specifically on salaries which also includes a calculation method and research tips. Besides this, you will learn more about other general conditions for academic job starters, for example, vacation days or overtime regulations. The following part gives you an overview of the current situation regarding work permits and their conditions. In the afternoon you will be introduced to German culture aspects in the work life. We will discuss the typical German way of working and what will be expected from you, as well as the typical behaviour of your German colleagues. We will reflect different perspectives and analyse experienced conflicts.
- Working conditions (typical salaries and regulations in employment contracts)
- Work permits (current regulations)
- Working culture (cultural standards)
- The workshop is aimed towards all international doctoral candidates and Postdocs of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
- The workshop will be taught in English.
- The workshop is limited to 12 participants.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE | 20.11.2019
DATE & TIME| 04.12.2019 | 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
LOCATION| Marienstraße 14, Room 201
See the BRS course page for our complete workshop calendar!
Marienstraße 14, Raum/Room 201
- Bewerbung, Karriereplanung
- Mittwoch, 04. Dezember 2019, 09:30 Uhr - 17:30 Uhr
- Donnerstag, 04. Juli 2019, 10:00 Uhr
- Mittwoch, 20. November 2019, 23:45 Uhr
- Mittwoch, 13. November 2019, 23:45 Uhr
- Maximalanzahl Teilnehmer/innen: