BRS WORKSHOP | Designing Effective Academic Posters
Designing Effective Academic Posters
Six basics steps to effectively communicate your science
BRS In-house Workshop
Instructor: Birgit Lukowski
Academic posters are an integral part of almost any scientific conference. Their purpose is to highlight and communicate research results as effectively and vividly as possible and invite discussion.
The workshop conveys the key principles of poster design and layout technique. Participants learn how to develop a clearly structured poster in order to attract the attention of their target audience. They will acquire essential designskills how to present a research work visually well organized, appealing and focused on the most relevant items. The theoretical part is followed by a practice session and provides ample time to concept and design the own academic poster as well as to evaluate and discuss the poster draft with the group.
- poster – the visual tool to support your poster presentation
- communication process / target audience / content structure / visual perception
- design basics: typography / image and visualization / colour / visual focal point /
- proportional balance and composition
- the handling of corporate design elements
- creating poster templates
- the scope of design working with grid and columns
- poster layout practice and poster evaluation
To profit the most from this workshop, participants are required to bring
text and image material of their current research work or recently designed posters,
as well as their laptop equipped with the application Adobe InDesign CC (or a former version).
- The workshop is aimed towards all doctoral candidates and participants of the poster contest (20 November 2019, Wissenschaftstag) of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
- The workshop will be taught in English.
- The workshop is limited to 10 participants.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE | 04.10.2019
DATE & TIME| 18 October 2019 | 10 AM – 5 PM
LOCATION| Marienstraße 14, Room 201
See the BRS course page for our complete workshop calendar!
Marienstraße 14, Raum/Room 201
- Kommunikation und Präsentation
- Freitag, 18. Oktober 2019, 10:00 Uhr - 17:00 Uhr
- Montag, 01. Juli 2019, 12:00 Uhr
- Freitag, 04. Oktober 2019, 23:45 Uhr
- Freitag, 27. September 2019, 23:45 Uhr
- Maximalanzahl Teilnehmer/innen: